Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not made these yet, they sound good to me.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce, your favorite store bought
- white pepper
- Peel and chop potatoes. Place in large pot and fill with cold water until potatoes are just covered.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender (approx 15-20 minutes) until fork tender, drain, completely.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl and start to mash.
- Stir in butter, sour cream and pesto sauce.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Serve warm.
Wow! SO delicious! I don't know why I never thought of this before. Simple and excellent. Great way to dress up regular old mash potatoes. I used r#49977 with this, and also used Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream and Earth Balance vegan margarine. I added a bit of almond milk to make them creamier. Turned out excellent. We'll definitely be doing this again.