Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Rachel Ray. Tasty and yummy twist on mashed potatoes. This recipe calls for red potatoes and you can make your own pesto or use store bought.
- Cut larger potatoes in half and leave small potatoes whole.
- Cover potatoes with water and bring water to a boil.
- Add salt and cook until potatoes are tender 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return them to hot pot. Add broth and smash the potatoes up.
- Add pesto and smash to desired consistency. Serve while hot.
I guess I'm a mashed potato traditionalist because we weren't crazy about this. The pesto overpowered the flavor of the potatoes, and the green color of the mashed potatoes wasn't very appetizing. Sorry, but this didn't work out for us.
I 1/2 the recipe for my husband and I. These were good, my husband really liked them. I added a few tablespoons of sour cream to make them a little creamier.
I had some leftover pesto so this recipe was the chosen one - I probably used only 1/2 cup each veg broth and commercial pesto sauce. A nice change but the leftovers fried up with some ground turkey and corn and peas was thorougly enjoyed by my 5 yr old.