Recipe by E.A.
This is from Rachel Ray. Tasty and yummy twist on mashed potatoes. This recipe calls for red potatoes and you can make your own pesto or use store bought.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
I guess I'm a mashed potato traditionalist because we weren't crazy about this. The pesto overpowered the flavor of the potatoes, and the green color of the mashed potatoes wasn't very appetizing. Sorry, but this didn't work out for us.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut larger potatoes in half and leave small potatoes whole.
- Cover potatoes with water and bring water to a boil.
- Add salt and cook until potatoes are tender 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return them to hot pot. Add broth and smash the potatoes up.
- Add pesto and smash to desired consistency. Serve while hot.