Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Ricardo - totally copied his recipe - sometimes you have to juggle things a bit! Cooking time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sweet potatoes, with skins cut into 1 inch wedges
- 1 russet potato, with skin cut into 1 inch wedges
- 2 onions, cut into 1/4 inch thick rings
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- basil leaves, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- In a glass baking dish combine pesto and lime juice. Add the chicken and coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes, potato and onions with 2 T olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are al dente, about 20 minute Keep warm.
- In a skillet, brown the chicken on each side in the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the baking sheet beside the vegetables, and bake until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine all the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and basil leaves and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Oh my goodness, this is just fabulous! The tart vinaigrette, the sweet potatoes, the pesto on the chicken, the touch of lime... truly a great combination! We didn't read the recipe carefully enough and consequently only marinated the chicken for about a half an hour (ahem!), but it *still* turned out great. Easy to make too. Definitely a do-again recipe! Thank you!