Recipe by Atiekay
Quick and easy meal or sidedish; perfect for those frigid winter days. And it uses basic pantry ingredients!
- 4 cups vegetable broth (decent quality!)
- 3 cups fresh basil, packed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups macaroni, cooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove basil leaves from stems and place in food processor.
- Press or smash garlic and process it along with the basil until combined.
- Add parmesan, oil, salt and pepper and blend to a thick paste.
- Divide macaroni and chickpeas into four individual serving bowls.
- Ladle warm broth over the top and stir in a big spoonful of pesto.