Recipe by Michelle David Lehman
Wonderful appetizer served with crackers. I always get rave reviews. Especially fun for Christmas parties with the red, green, and white colors. Helpful hints: I ask the Deli person to slice Provolone Cheese extra thin.
- 16 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pesto sauce
- 1 (9 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 -10 slices provolone cheese
- 4 -8 ounces pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- First, lightly toast pine nuts. Then line small loaf pan with plastic wrap. Next place thin slices of Provolone cheese on bottom and up the sides of the pans. Blot excess oil from Pesto with paper towel (I invert jar over some paper towels while preparing other ingredients). Mix cream cheese with a little milk to soften, then start layering 1/3 of the cream cheese, then ½ of the tomato spread, sprinkle with pine nuts, ½ the pesto, 1/3 of the cream cheese, ½ tomato spread, sprinkle more pine nuts, ½ the pesto, and finish with the last 1/3 of the cream cheese.
- Invert onto a serving dish, remove plastic wrap and sprinkle pine nuts on top. Serve with crackers and enjoy.
- *Note: I use two mini loaf pans and split each layer of ingredients between the two pans. Then I have one to serve and one to save for later or two plates to pass around.