1/4 Photos of Pesto Lasagna Pie
1 hr 35 mins
From BHH's Biggest Book of Italian Recipes. Can't wait to try it!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 dried whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 (15 ounce) carton light ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup purchased pesto sauce
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain lasagna noodles; rinse with cold water and drain well. Lay lasagna noodles in a single layer on a sheet of foil.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine egg, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; set aside.
- 3To assemble pie, lightly coat a 9-inch sprinform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange four of the lasagna noodles in the bottom of the pan, trimming and overlapping as necessary to cover bottom of pan with one layer of noodles. Top with spinach. Spoon half of the ricotta cheese mixture over spinach, spreading evenly. Spoon one-third of the pesto over ricotta layer, spreading evenly. Top with another layer of lasagna noodles, trimming to fit. Top with mushrooms. Spread remaining ricotta cheese mixture over mushrooms. Spread half of the remaining pesto over ricotta layer. Top with another layer of lasagna noodles and remaining pesto. Top with tomatoes.
- 4Place sprinform pan in a foil-lined shallow baking pan. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes more or until cheese is melted and lasagna is heated through. Cover and let stand on a wire rack for 20 minutes before serving. Carefully remove side of springform pan.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Lasagna Pie
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.9
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 472.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat lasagna noodles