Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
When you have some extra fresh basil and love hummus, please try it. I don’t think you will find this flavor in commercial hummus products. For more healthy, gluten-free, low-GI, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil (packed)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (from one lemon)
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 30 ounces cooked garbanzo beans (canned or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, place all the ingredients except for beans and salt and process until smooth.
- Add beans and salt and process again. Taste and adjust the amount of salt.
- Infuse love and serve with chips or veggie sticks.
We make this at least once a week. Easy recipe and can find all the ingredients at our local Harris Teeter, including the tahini. Just need a Cuisinart!