Recipe by Leslie in Texas
These are delicious if you like pesto! An easy, quick appetizer to make. You can also garnish each slice with either green or black olive slices, or top with a thin slice of tomato. The basic recipe lends itself to many interpretations. Originally from a Junior League of Denver cookbook.
Top Review by Di loves recipes
5 stars are not enough. I love to see peoples faces when they take the first bite. These are sooo delicious. I always double the recipe. It is always a crowd pleaser. One guest went to the kitchen in the middle of dinner to eat one more. (I had served them as appetizers.) Do not let them get too brown. Lightly browned is yummy. This recipe is a keeper.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/4 inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the basil, cheese, mayonnaise and garlic in a bowl and mix well.
- Arrange the baguette slices in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Broil the slices until light brown.
- Turn the slices and spread with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Return to under the broiler and broil until light brown and heated through.
- Serve immediately.