Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Cooking Light. May 2007. If you can't find fresh halibut, substitute another mild, firm white fish. Serve this dish with Israeli couscous tossed with toasted sliced almonds, dried cranberries, and chopped fresh parsley.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Place fish and bell pepper in a shallow dish.
- Drizzle pesto and vinegar over fish mixture; toss to coat. Let fish mixture stand 5 minutes.
- Thread fish and pepper alternately onto each of 4 (12-inch) skewers; sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Place skewers on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Broil for 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning once.