Recipe by amymhart
Great flavor of grilled cheese with a little pesto and roasted red pepper inside. Delicious and easy!
Top Review by PaulaG
A delicious, grown-up grilled cheese sandwich. I used Recipe #218694 for the bread and a sharp cheddar cheese paired with a lite swiss. The pesto adds a delicious twist. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*
- 2 tablespoons jarred pesto sauce
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices fontina or 4 slices provolone cheese or 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 4 (1 ounce) cheddar cheese slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread pesto evenly on each slice of bread. Layer 4 slices of bread with 1 slice fontina cheese, cheddar cheese, and peppers. Top with remaining bread, pesto side down. Cook sandwiches in batches on hot griddle or non-stick skillet until golden brown on each side.