Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm always looking for simple vegetable side dishes for my picky kids. They love this one, and it's quick and really simple. If I know I'm going to be pressed for time, I'll trim the ends of the green beans the night before. Use your favorite jarred pesto. Adapted from Southern Living Ultimate Quick and Easy.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Arrange green beans in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Stir in garlic, pesto and salt. Saute 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Toss butter mixture with beans in a bowl.
- Serve immediately.
Very good and very simple! I had previously blanched and frozen fresh green beans, I had some pesto in the fridge, so this was truly a matter of moments to prepare, and we loved it! Thanks for a lovely twist on a favourite vegetable! Made for PAC Spring 2009
We had these for dinner with london broil and they were delicious! I love pesto sauce especially on pizza, but I had never considered adding it to green beans. What a clever idea! Since I love dill with green beans I made a custom pesto out of dill, olive oil and garlic. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.