Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Women's World 12/18/08. Since pesto has garlic, basil, Parmesan cheese and ground pine nuts, this makes a quick side dish of wonderful flavors.
- 3 lbs asparagus, tough ends trimmed, hard leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- On jellyroll pan, toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper. Roast asparagus, stirring occasionally, until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- In bowl, toss cherry tomatoes with pesto. Add tomato mixture to asparagus during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
This recipe is very tasty with definite Mediterranean flavors. Though I found that 30 minutes was a bit long and the asparagus was overcooked, it was tasty, tasty. I used grape tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes (no cherry tomatoes at the store). Next time, I will cook the tomatoes longer as 5 minutes is not long enough. Love asparagus and the addition of tomatoes mingled with the pesto flavor very nicely, making it a "keeper". Thank you KateL for a nice addition to my menu
Way fabulous! From the colors to the flavors! And EASY! I only roasted my skiny asparagus for 15 minutes before adding the tomatoes. I LOVE warmed through tomatoes, btw. This really brightens a plate. Made for the 7/09 Veg*n Swap. :)