Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From Women's World 12/18/08. Since pesto has garlic, basil, Parmesan cheese and ground pine nuts, this makes a quick side dish of wonderful flavors.
Top Review by ForeverMama
This recipe is very tasty with definite Mediterranean flavors. Though I found that 30 minutes was a bit long and the asparagus was overcooked, it was tasty, tasty. I used grape tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes (no cherry tomatoes at the store). Next time, I will cook the tomatoes longer as 5 minutes is not long enough. Love asparagus and the addition of tomatoes mingled with the pesto flavor very nicely, making it a "keeper". Thank you KateL for a nice addition to my menu
- 3 lbs asparagus, tough ends trimmed, hard leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- On jellyroll pan, toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper. Roast asparagus, stirring occasionally, until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- In bowl, toss cherry tomatoes with pesto. Add tomato mixture to asparagus during last 5 minutes of cooking time.