Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Keep a jar of this always in your refrigerator and you'll always have dinner ready in an instant!
- 400 g penne pasta
- 40 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted in the oven
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 walnuts, toasted
- 2 -3 ounces olive oil
- Chop basil in a blender.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Through the top, slowly add enough olive oil to bind.
- Pour into a jar.
- Cover with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Store in the refrigerator till needed.
- When cooking your pasta, save 2-3 tbsp of the cooking water.
- Mix well with 3 tbsps of the pesto.
- Dress your pasta and stir well.
- Top with more fresh parmesan cheese.