Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An excellent refreshing meal in the summer. If you haven't has gazpacho before, TRY IT! Dont be scared because its cold soup, its fabulous!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups firmly packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 3 tomatoes, peeled
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded and chopped
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Combine Basil, Garlic, Cheese and oil in food processor and pulse until chopped well, but not smooth.
- Add pine nuts and pulse several time to break up the nuts.
- (Pesto should be chunky, not smooth) Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in processor or blender and puree until smooth To serve pour gazpacho in bowls and top with several tablespoons of pesto.
- Great topped with croutons!