Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I like my pesto pretty garlicky, so this is how I make mine. I normally weigh my basil after I've stemmed it, so this recipe is per oz of pesto. This amount will sauce about 1/4 pound of pasta, and you can just scale it up based on how much basil you have.
- Put the garlic, pine nuts, and salt in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Process to a smooth paste.
- Add the basil, one handful at a time, processing to a paste after each addition.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil in a thin stream, and process until smooth.
- Stir in the cheese.
- To sauce pasta:.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water when you drain the pasta. Toss the pasta with the pesto, and use the reserved water to thin to the desired consistency.