Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yum! This is a great quick lunch or dinner. If you can find the fresh mozzarella, use it (sometimes its packed in water). You could also add a chicken breast, or some turkey if you wanted to add meat. Or try a grilled or broiled portobello mushroom!
- low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared pesto sauce (, of course, you could make your own!)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced (look for this in the specialty cheese section of your grocery, or you could use part-skim mozzarella)
- 1 large ripe tomatoes
- Slice bread lengthwise into 2 halves.
- Combine mayo and pesto, spread on each side of bread.
- Add cheese and tomato.
- Put top piece of bread back to form sandwich.
- Cut into 4 wedges.
I had this on Italian bread for lunch and it was just what I needed! Thanks!