- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) wheel baby brie cheese (Alouette is good) or 1 (17 5/8 ounce) wheel baby brie cheese (Alouette is good)
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup basil leaves, rinsed and dried
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon, juice of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped pine nuts or 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Split brie horizontally into two layers. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, chop garlic and basil.
- Add lemon juice, pepper and 2 tablespoons butter and process until smooth.
- Remove from processor and stir in nuts.
- Spread filling evenly on cut side of one layer of cheese and top with second layer cut side down.
- Spread remaining butter around edges of cheese and sprinkle with parsley.
- Refrigerate for up to 24 hours; serve at room temperature with crackers or baguette slices.