Mommy of 3 (DH included)'s Note:
So easy, so quick!! This is something I came up with while trying to figure out what to do with a packet of pesto sauce seasonings. I'm sure, should you have a favorite pesto sauce recipe, that that would work just as well. I used the thinner short fettuccine noodles. I am thinking of adding zucchini next time and some garlic salt (doesn't it just make everything a little better ;)).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx. 3 med-lg chicken breasts)
- 4 cups fettuccine
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and broil or grill until done.
- 2Meanwhile cook fettuccine to package instructions or desired doneness.
- 3Prepare pesto sauce per package instructions and add red peppers while simmering.
- 4In medium size skillet, warm olive oil on medium.
- 5Add pine nuts and sauté until fragrant.
- 6Add spinach leaves and sauté until wilted.
- 7Chop chicken into 1-2 inch pieces.
- 8When fettuccine is done, drain and return to pot.
- 9Combine all ingredients in pot.
- 10Divide onto 4 plates and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Fettuccine With Chicken, Spinach and Roasted Red Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.9
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.9 mg
- Sodium 349.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 35.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pesto sauce mix