Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
So easy, so quick!! This is something I came up with while trying to figure out what to do with a packet of pesto sauce seasonings. I'm sure, should you have a favorite pesto sauce recipe, that that would work just as well. I used the thinner short fettuccine noodles. I am thinking of adding zucchini next time and some garlic salt (doesn't it just make everything a little better ;)).
- 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx. 3 med-lg chicken breasts)
- 4 cups fettuccine
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packetknorr pesto sauce mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and broil or grill until done.
- Meanwhile cook fettuccine to package instructions or desired doneness.
- Prepare pesto sauce per package instructions and add red peppers while simmering.
- In medium size skillet, warm olive oil on medium.
- Add pine nuts and sauté until fragrant.
- Add spinach leaves and sauté until wilted.
- Chop chicken into 1-2 inch pieces.
- When fettuccine is done, drain and return to pot.
- Combine all ingredients in pot.
- Divide onto 4 plates and serve.
This is a great quick pasta for a weeknight! I used slightly less chicken (I had one pound) and since I chose the recipe for the Healthy Choices ABC game I decided to cut out some of the oil. I used 1/8 c oil 2/3 c water in the pesto, and toasted the pine nuts in cooking spray thus omitting another Tbsp of oil. The spinach was wet from rinsing, so it still sauteed nicely. I agree with Mommy of 3 that this needs a little something else, though--I added garlic powder and salt to the pot, and to my own portion I added crushed red pepper flakes. Both were great! Thanks so much for posting this!