Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious burger made with Pesto and Feta cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce (prepared)
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 -2 egg (depends on fat content of meat, leaner meat requires 2 eggs)
- 1⁄4 onion (chopped)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- olive oil
- Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl, cover and let rest for at least 15mins. (You can also let rest in the fridge covered until ready to use but bring back to room temp before next step).
- Separate into 4-6 equal parts depending on how large you want your burgers.
- Roll each part into a ball then form into patties. (A pattie press does wonders for this step).
- Heat grill to 275-350F internal air temperature.
- Using a silicone brush lightly coat grill with Olive Oil to keep burgers from sticking.
- Cook burgers to desired doneness and let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Wow.. I love the cobo here.. it would even be good with lamb
I really liked it.It reminds me of a gyro. I will serve it that way next time I make it.The only change I would make is leave out the eggs as it is moist enough with the pesto.
These burgers are so good. Thanks Koch :) Made for Cookbook tag game