1/2 Photos of Pesto, Feta, and Sun-Dried Tomato Scones
A lovely scone to go with dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup milk, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Preheat oven to 400 °F
- 2Butter or lightly spray a 9 inch cake pan. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
- 4Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the milk, and stir gently with a wooden spoon until mixture forms moist clumps. Do not over mix.
- 6Gather dough together with hands and place on a lightly floured surface.
- 7Knead until smooth.
- 8Roll dough with a floured rolling pin into a 16x 10 inch rectangle.
- 9With a knife or metal spatula evenly spread pesto over dough. Sprinkle with feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 10Starting at the short end, roll dough into a cylinder, brushing off any excess flour as you roll.
- 11With a sharp knife, cut dough in half, and then in half again (4 pieces).
- 12Cut each quarter into 3 equal pieces and place in the prepared pan, cut- side up. (12 pieces).
- 13Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- 14Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top and toothpick inserted in center of scone comes out clean.
- 15Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto, Feta, and Sun-Dried Tomato Scones
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 214.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: