Recipe by ladywisconsin
I love this sandwich, its quick and easy...but looks like you put so much thought and energy into it. Give it a try, you'll fall in love with it too!! I usually make up the whole eggplant so it's even quicker to make these sandwiches later. Use vegan pesto sauce and omit the cheese to make vegan.
- 2 slices bread
- 3 slices eggplants
- 1 slice sweet onion (thin slice)
- 1 small roma tomato, sliced
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, dressing (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- On an aluminum foil lined baking sheet (I just use my toaster oven) place the three slices eggplant, brush both sides with pesto sauce.
- At 350 degrees, bake for about 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- On one slice of bread, put onion with half cheese.
- On other slice of bread, put sliced tomato and other half of cheese.
- Toast or broil until cheese is melted.
- Layer eggplant on bread, top with Vadalia Sweet Onion sauce (optional).
- Put slices of bread together, cut in half and enjoy! :).