1/3 Photos of Pesto Crusted Tilapia
A couple of weeks ago at work, we had this AMAZING pesto crusted salmon left over from a meeting. I have wanted to recreate the recipe ever since, and decided to give it a try with tilapia. I'm sure you could use this topping on any fish and it would be fantastic -- I'm dying to try it with a nice big piece of salmon. It is such an easy recipe and I'm sure it would be even better with homemade pesto.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cover a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Place fish fillets on baking sheet and sprinkle with black pepper. No salt is needed as pesto and parmesan cheese are both pretty salty.
- 4In a small bowl, combine pesto, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese (hands or a fork will do).
- 5Divide the topping evenly over the fish fillets, spreading with your fingers and pressing into the fish.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees, then switch to broil to crisp up the crust for the last 2-5 minutes.
- 7If the middle of the fillet flakes with a fork and is completely opaque, it's time to dig in!
- 8Serve with steamed broccoli and brown rice pilaf for a healthy dinner.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Crusted Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 225.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 35.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: