Pesto Crusted Roast Salmon
- To make the crust: Combine all ingredients except the olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- With the processor running, slowly pour in the oil and process until incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- To prepare the salmon: Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Spread the pesto crust 1/8-inch thick on the salmon fillets.
- In a dry nonstick ovenproof sauté pan or skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil and sear the salmon, crust-side down.
- Turn the fillets over and place in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes, until cooked through.