1/3 Photos of Pesto Crusted Roast Salmon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 cups basil leaves, stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup white breadcrumb
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup crisp bacon bits
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 8 (7 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1To make the crust: Combine all ingredients except the olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- 2With the processor running, slowly pour in the oil and process until incorporated.
- 3Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- 4To prepare the salmon: Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- 5Spread the pesto crust 1/8-inch thick on the salmon fillets.
- 6In a dry nonstick ovenproof sauté pan or skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil and sear the salmon, crust-side down.
- 7Turn the fillets over and place in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes, until cooked through.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Crusted Roast Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.1
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.4 mg
- Sodium 391.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 46.7 g