Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups basil leaves, stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup white breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crisp bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 8 (7 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- To make the crust: Combine all ingredients except the olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- With the processor running, slowly pour in the oil and process until incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- To prepare the salmon: Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Spread the pesto crust 1/8-inch thick on the salmon fillets.
- In a dry nonstick ovenproof sauté pan or skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil and sear the salmon, crust-side down.
- Turn the fillets over and place in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes, until cooked through.
I cheated and used purchased pesto. Dh complimented it THREE times. Great idea, great cooking method, great taste. Thanks, MEAN CHEF.
Fantastic! Title bit misleading, it's not roast salmon but pan fried, really, and cooking completed by baking in oven. Which I did not do out of saving time and hassle, turned out really good.
Great fish recipe. I used the pesto crust and tilapia for the fish. Baked for 12 min. and it was perfect. Served with Cheese Tortellini Pesto Pasta Salad.