Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great dish that I usually serve when I have company. You can use any type of pesto but I prefer Sun Dried Tomato pesto, I have not tried any other kind. It gets rave reviews from my friends.
- 1 (7 ounce) package pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of (optional)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Blend pesto, walnuts, 2 Tbs lemon juice, 1 Tbs lemon peel (optional) in food processor until just combined.
- Place chicken in pan and coat with full mixture then drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake 30-45 minutes.
- This can be served over rice or pasta if desired.
I forgot to give it ***5** Starz..
Yes Thanks Ranea....!!
This was pretty good, however while baking most of the pesto melted off the chicken and burned in the dish. Also I am not sure why the ingredients list calls for 4 T. of lemon juice and the directions only mention 2 T.? I put the full 4 in before I noticed the change below and maybe it was part of the reason why it was thin enough that most melted off? Anyway it did have a nice flavor to it. We have had a similar chicken before, but the walnuts were a great addition.
I used homemade sun-dried tomato pesto (which actually was a by-product of a salad dressing I tried) and it worked beautifully. I may have got the crust a little crisper than I should have, :oops: but the chicken was still very moist and flavorful. I will make this again as it was totally quick, easy, and looked like a lot more trouble than it was. Thanks for posting Renea!