1/1 Photo of Pesto Cream Sauce
This is a great sauce for pasta. We like cappelini, penne, or fettucini. Add shrimp or crawfish for a complete meal with a crisp green salad and some hot, buttered French bread. I make my own pesto and freeze in ice cube trays. This recipe calls for 2 cubes. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large skillet and then add the butter and oil.
- 2Over medium heat, saute the shallots and garlic until soft.Do not get the heat too high or the garlic will burn.
- 3Add the wine and the chicken broth and season with the salt and pepper.
- 4Reduce in half, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add cream and pesto and incorporate well.
- 6Lower the heat and add 1/4 of the cheese, stir well.
- 7Then add another 1/4 cup of the cheese and when that is incorporated, add the pasta.
- 8Toss well and serve.
- 9Accent well with the remaining cheese.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.6
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.7 mg
- Sodium 601.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: