Prep 12 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Plan ahead this must be chilled for a minimum of 12-24 hours before removing from the pan and serving, this is an amazing spread to serve at a get together with crackers. Make certain to overlap the plastic wrap in the loaf pan to allow easy removal of the spread. This loaf can be made omitting the provolone cheese slices if desired and made in a 8 x 4-inch loaf pan and line the bottom of the pan with pine nuts. Servings is only estimated.
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (very soft)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (very soft)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (drained)
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar pesto sauce, in olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Line the bottom of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, but allow about 6 inches to hang over the edges of the pan for easy removal.
- Coat the plastic wrap with cooking spray.
- Line the bottom and sides of the pan with the provolone cheese slices (cutting to fit if necessary).
- Process the mozzarella cheese with all remaining ingredients in a processor until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, pressing down with back of the spoon to pack down the mixture.
- Fold the excess overhang of plastic wrap over the mixture.
- Chill for minimum 12 hours.
- Invert chilled loaf onto a serving dish and discard the plastic wrap.
- Serve with crackers.