Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have been on a pesto kick for while with all this basil coming from my herb garden. This is a good lunch wrap.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 3 -4 cups shredded cooked chicken, seasoned to taste
- 16 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- Add couscous and salt to taste in a small bowl; pour in 1 1/2 cup boiling water; cover and set aside.
- To make the pesto: add the garlic, basil, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to the container of a blender or food processor; blend or process until smooth.
- Stir in cheese; set aside.
- In a small, heavy, dry skillet over medium heat, toast walnuts for about 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until aromatic; watch closely to prevent burning; set aside.
- To assemble wraps: Spread 2 tablespoons pesto, 1/2 cup couscous, 3/4 to 1 cup chicken, one-fourth of the walnuts, one-fourth of the sun-dried tomatoes,and one-fourth of the yellow bell pepper evenly over each tortilla--leave a 1-inch border.
- Roll-up into a wrap.