Recipe by Scrapbook Lori
I found this recipe in Hallmark magazine as a 4 ingredient challenge. It is really simple and delicious! Hope that you enjoy!
Top Review by Auggy
So delicious! It took me a little longer to do the prep - maybe 15 or 20 minutes instead of 10. But the results were well worth it. It was easy to cook, makes large servings and is very filling. At first I thought there would be too much pesto (1/3 cup per chicken breast) but it mellows a little upon cooking and gives enough to get sauce with every bite of chicken. Hubby isn't a fan of couscous but still said this is a definite 4 star with the chicken as a 5. Awesome recipe!
- 2 cups couscous (I used Near East brand)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 cups pesto sauce, store bought
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine 2 cups of water and salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add couscous and carrots; stir, and remove from the heat.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in 2 tbsp pesto.
- Tear off 6 12-inch lengths of aluminum foil.
- Put 1/6th of couscous mixture on one half of each piece of foil.
- Top each with chicken breast.
- Spread a bit of pesto over each piece of chicken.
- Fold up the foil and seal.
- Place packets on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.