1 hr 5 mins
NOTE:this is a recipe from Food Network from the cooking show from "Everyday Italian" (hosted by Giada De Laurentiis).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the tartlets
- 1 lb instant polenta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the topping
- 1*It calls for the use of rotisserie chicken (the kind you get from a deli in the grocery store). All you would have to do is shred it up with forks since it's precooked. The dough for the tartlets could also be made ahead of time.
- 2Special equipment: 2-inch diameter scalloped cookie cutter.
- 3For the tartlets:.
- 4Make the polenta according to package instructions. Just before the polenta is finished thickening, add the cream, salt, and pepper. Pour the polenta onto a greased, rimmed baking sheet. Set aside to cool and firm up, about 30 minutes.
- 5For the topping: In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, pesto, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- 6To assemble: Using a 2-inch diameter scalloped cookie cutter, cut the polenta into tartlet shapes, about 24, and place them on a serving platter. Top each polenta tartlet with a spoonful of chicken. Top the chicken with a few dried cranberries. Serve.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Chicken Tartlets
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.7
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 127.9 mg
- Sodium 844.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: