Chef #475587's Note:
I found different variations of stuffed tomatoes. I was looking for one that didn’t have mayo in it since I wanted to take them for a potluck. The amount of olives, celery, olive oil, green olive juice and cheese depends on your taste. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) can chunk chicken (The amount of chicken depends on how many you are making) or 2 -3 pieces shredded cooked chicken (The amount of chicken depends on how many you are making)
- 6 -12 cherry tomatoes (You want the largest ones you can find, easier to core and stuff)
- 4 -6 tablespoons pesto sauce (canned, jarred, fresh or homemade)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped small
- 6 -12 green olives, chopped small (I used sun-dried stuffed ones)
- olive oil
- olive juice, from green olives
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional) or 2 -3 tablespoons romano cheese (optional)
- mozzarella cheese (for topping) (optional)
- 1Wash and core tomato. I got a tomatoes corer from Bed, Bath and Beyond for $4. Once they are cored place them upside down on a paper towel to get rid of the extra water.
- 2In bowl mix chicken, celery and green olives (cheese if you want it). Mix in pesto a bit at a time, taste it once you have mixed in a couple tablespoons. Pesto can overpower the taste if you aren't careful. You may need more or less.
- 3If you need a bit more moisture and don’t want to use more Pesto add a bit of olive oil.
- 4Pepper to taste. If it needs a more salty taste use either some of the green olive juice or salt (coarse salt is better).
- 5Use either a small spoon or a Ziploc bag that the tip was cut from and fill the tomatoes.
- 6If you want to get all pretty and fancy you can top it w/cheese or a green olive slice or basil leaf. You can also top w/Mozzarella Cheese and put under the broiler until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Potluck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potluck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Chicken Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 285.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: