Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not necessarily unique, but another Friday night surprise from my hubby & he did create it without a recipe. Simple with lots of flavours we hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, to taste, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled, sliced into rings
- 1 cup broccoli, broken into small florets
- 100 g pesto sauce, half a jar of bought, about 3TBs (to taste)
- 200 ml evaporated low-fat milk
- spaghetti, cooked to serve
- Saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Brown chicken meat with onion and garlic so it gets some color but is not cooked through.
- Add broccoli, carrot, pesto, cook for a few minutes, stirring so pesto is mixed through.
- The carrot will be crisp but that's how we like it. For a softer carrot add it in earlier, or even microwave it prior to starting the recipe.
- Add evaporated milk to chicken, pesto and vegies. Stir thoroughly and taste for seasoning. Add more pesto if you would like and a good grinding of black pepper.
- Simmer sauce ubtil milk is hot & everything is combined.
- Add spaghetti to pan and toss to coat.
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese if desired and good crusty bread.
Very simple and great tasting recipe! I used spinach fettuccine instead of the spaghetti noodles. I did not have any carrots in the house, so I substituted an orange pepper diced.