Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
I can't keep chicken salad in this house....the family loves it so much!! This is a real treat when I make them.
Top Review by Southern Bug
Fabulous! I used yellow pepper, added a little roasted garlic mayo to the pesto & chicken, used spinach instead of lettuce, and served it on plain wheat bread since I didn't have an focaccia. This was a last minute decision for dinner, just to use up some leftover rotisserie chicken. Will make again for sure!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups curly leaf lettuce
- 4 slices red onions, thin slices
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices focaccia bread, 6 inch squares, halved horizontally and warmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, stir chicken and pesto together.
- Stir in bell pepper and salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer lettuce, onion and cheese on bottom half of each foxaccia square.
- Spread each with about 1/2 cup chicken mixture and top with another piece of focaccia.
- To serve, halve each sandwich diagonally.
- TIP: Some prepared pesto is drier than others, so if chicken mixture appears dry, stir in the Tbs. of olive oil.