Recipe by NotQuiteVegetarian
This is a beautiful fresh salad from "Great Fast Recipes" by the Australian Womens' Weekly. You can substitute mixed lettuce leaves or cos lettuce for the rocket. It's a perfect make ahead recipe - you can do most of it hours ahead - prepare the pesto mixture, brush it over the chicken pieces and tomatoes, put the rocket into a serving bowl - and just refrigerate until ready to cook. Goes brilliantly with spiced potato wedges!
Top Review by Catherine Robson
YUM!!!!! This was a lovely meal...I had planned on taking a photo but was swooped upon by the family as soon as the chicken was tossed through. We served on wraps and it was really wonderful. Simple , easy & very enjoyable...Thanks Sussan.
- 1⁄3 cup basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 500 g chicken breast fillets
- 6 medium egg tomatoes (halved)
- 125 g baby rocket
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pesto and vinegar in small bowl.
- Place chicken and tomato on large tray; brush half of the pesto mixture over both.
- Cook tomato on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until just softened.
- Remove from plate.
- Cook chicken on same grill plate until browned both sides and cooked through.
- Stand 5 minutes; slice thickly.
- Place tomato and chicken in large bowl with rocket.
- Add oil and remaining pesto mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese to serve (optional).