- 2 sheets half-pound rectangular frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 3⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Dice the chicken into half-inch cubes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the chicken and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the heat.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets and cut each in half (cut the shortest distance through the middle so you are left with two short, fat rectangles not long thin ones).
- Add the pesto sauce and tomatoes to the chicken and stir to mix.
- Spoon equal amounts of the chicken mixture onto the pastry sheets, covering half of each sheet but leaving a gap at the edge to seal the pastry.
- Top the chicken mixture with the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Beat the egg. Brush egg around the inside edge of each pasty then fold the pastry over to seal. Crimp with a fork to reinforce the seal.
- Brush each pasty with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes (mine take closer to 20) until the pastry is golden.
- Serve hot and enjoy!