1/2 Photos of Pesto Chicken Puff Pasties
These are tasty and look very effective with a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- 2Dice the chicken into half-inch cubes.
- 3Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the chicken and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the heat.
- 4Roll out the puff pastry sheets and cut each in half (cut the shortest distance through the middle so you are left with two short, fat rectangles not long thin ones).
- 5Add the pesto sauce and tomatoes to the chicken and stir to mix.
- 6Spoon equal amounts of the chicken mixture onto the pastry sheets, covering half of each sheet but leaving a gap at the edge to seal the pastry.
- 7Top the chicken mixture with the grated mozzarella cheese.
- 8Beat the egg. Brush egg around the inside edge of each pasty then fold the pastry over to seal. Crimp with a fork to reinforce the seal.
- 9Brush each pasty with the beaten egg.
- 10Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes (mine take closer to 20) until the pastry is golden.
- 11Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Chicken Puff Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 928.4
- Calories from Fat 566
- Total Fat 62.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 109.4 mg
- Sodium 505.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 31.4 g