Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is easy and quick. People will think you slaved over a hot stove all day long--you don’t have to tell them any different.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 (7 ounce) containerrefrigerated sun-dried tomato pesto, divided
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to box directions. Toss the cooked pasta with 3 tablespoons of pesto sauce, put on platter and cover to keep warm.
- Salt and pepper the chicken strips, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and cook the chicken for five minutes in the hot oil; remove chicken set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the peppers and onions for 8 minutes, add the zucchini and cook 8 minutes more. Return the chicken to skillet and top the pasta with the mixture and remaining pesto; toss.