Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
If you make your own pesto, try it in this recipe! You can freeze your homemade pesto by storing small amounts in plastic freezer containers. Top the pesto with a thin layer of oil, cover and freeze. It's fantastic in the middle of winter when you're longing for the taste of fresh summer vegetables. leftover grilled or baked chicken can also be used in this recipe. Plan ahead as it needs to chill for at least 2 hours. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 (7 ounce) containerrefrigerated pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped deli rotisserie cooked chicken, without the skin
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- boston lettuce, to garnish,if desired
- In 3 1/2 QT saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover potatoes by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil, over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, cool 15 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, in large serving bowl, combine pesto, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and salt; mix well.
- Add cooked potatoes and all remaining ingredients except lettuce to pesto mixture; toss gently until evenly coated.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to blend flavours.
- If desired, serve salad on lettuce lined plates.