Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super quick weeknight treat! Make it on the grill for an even tastier pizza!
Make and share this Pesto Chicken Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- Spread roasted garlic on pizza crust (mash it and spread), and top with pesto sauce.
- Arrange chicken, and tomatoes over this, and top with sliced chicken breast.
- If you like a little bite, sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Bake at 425º for 15 minutes, or until cheese melts and browns a little.
- If you're really adventurous, try making it on the grill over medium heat coals, just put another rack across the grill rack to form a grid, so the edges don't fall through.
We really enjoyed this pizza for something different for a change. I made it using pizza dough Bread Machine Basic Pizza Dough and used a prepared pesto sauce. I also garnished with some flat leaf parsley. I thought the overall taste just didn't 'pop' for me and needed a sprinkle of kosher salt or parmesan cheese to brighten it. I think it was due to the chicken. I will make this again but will just adjust a little more seasonings next time.
Yummo, hubby wasn't home for tea so I made a small one of these for my dinner, I didn't use the roasted garlic but garlic infused cooking spray on the bases to make it a bit easier. Used some leftover rotisserie chicken & fresh tomatoes from the garden, also added some chopped onion, great pizza!
This was awesome! I didn't have time to roast the garlic, so I just pressed each clove and then smeared it all over the crust, and followed the rest of the recipe exactly. Turned out great! Thank you for helping me get out of my pepperoni and cheese rut.