Recipe by Sandra Williamson
A simple dish that is tasty. I just increase the volume according to how many people I am feeding.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 brown onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 small chicken breast fillet
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add onion, rice and spices and cook for 1 - 2 minutes, stirring continuously (the rice will become a chalky white in color).
- Add crumbled stock powder to the water and then add to the saucepan. Gently stir to mix through.
- Spread chicken with pesto and lay on top of rice mixture (pesto side up).
- Cover and reduce heat and simmer, for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice and chicken are cooked.
- Serve with steamed vegetables.
- (Note make sure the temperature is not too high or the rice will catch on the bottom of the saucepan).