Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 2⁄3 cup pesto sauce, you can use homemade or store-bought pesto sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed,seeded,halved
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese
- 5 lettuce leaves
- orange slice
- red chile
- green chili
- fresh basil sprig
- Combine 1/4 cup pesto, vinegar, salt and black pepper in medium bowl.
- Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium-hot briquets about 4 minutes per side until chicken is no longer pink in center, turning once.
- Grill bell peppers, skin sides down, about 8 minutes until skin is charred.
- Place bell peppers in large resealable plastic food storage bag; seal.
- Let stand 5 minutes; remove skin.
- Cut chicken and bell peppers into thin strips.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of remaining pesto down center of each tortilla; top with chicken, bell peppers, cheese and lettuce.
- Roll tortillas to enclose filling.
- Garnish with orange slices, chiles and basil sprigs.