1/2 Photos of Pesto Chicken Pasta
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I found the original recipe in the July/August 2004 issue of "TOH" Quick Cooking magazine. It was sent in by Linda sweet of Newark, Delaware. if you want to make this even quicker, just use leftover mixed veggies. This recipe called for ziti, but I changed it to garden rotini (tri colored pasta). I left off the walnuts, but you can add them if you like. This is really a good way to use up that last bit of leftover chicken. Posted on October 30th, 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked garden rotini pasta (or what ever pasta you want to use)
- 1 1/2 cups leftover mixed vegetables (we like peas,corn,carrots)
- 1 (14 g) envelope pesto sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken (you could even use shredded if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- parmesan cheese, if desired
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; add veggies during the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking.
- 2In a small saucepan, whisk the pesto mix, cornstarch, and milk until smooth.
- 3Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- 4Stir in chicken, salt, and pepper.
- 5Drain pasta and veggies.
- 6Place in a large serving bowl.
- 7Add chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- 8Sprinkle with walnuts if desired.
- 9Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.3
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.0 mg
- Sodium 310.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pesto sauce mix