Courtesy of National Chicken Council.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Lay chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/2-inch thickness.
- 3Put flour in shallow bowl.
- 4In another shallow bowl, whisk together egg, 1 tablespoon pesto and water.
- 5In third shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon parsley.
- 6Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg, turning to coat all sides. Then, dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.
- 7In large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm olive oil. Saute chicken until nicely browned on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to shallow baking dish.
- 8In medium bowl, whisk together tomato sauce, garlic and remaining pesto.
- 9Spoon sauce evenly over chicken breasts. Sprinkle each with Parmesan and pine nuts; top with slice of Provolone. Bake until chicken is cooked through and cheese is bubbling and browned, about 15 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve with pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 146.9 mg
- Sodium 1322.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: