1/3 Photos of Pesto Chicken or Shrimp Pizza
Came up with this one for pizza night...A hit with everyone in my family. Great with chicken or shrimp...whatever you have leftover. I think the balance of the savory pesto with the sweetness of tomato and caramelized onions turned out really nice. If you use a sweet onion such as Vidalia, you can omit the sugar. I used Kittencal's Perfect Pesto with great results. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 thin pizza crust
- 1 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or 118.29-177.44 ml raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 garlic cloves, roasted and mashed
- 118.29 ml pesto sauce
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4.92 ml balsamic vinegar
- 118.29 ml sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 7.39 ml sugar substitute or 7.39 ml sugar
- 1 small tomato, seeded, halved and sliced
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, shredded (or grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Melt 1 tbs butter over med-high heat until it starts to foam.
- 3Sautee mushrooms 5-7 minutes or until softened. Remove and set aside.
- 4Add reminaing 1 tbs of butter and onion to pan and stir. Cover and let cook about 5 minutes until onions soften.
- 5Remove lid and let cook 15-20 minutes or until nicely browned and caramelized, stirring midway. Pour balsamic vinegar and sprinkle sugar over onions and stir to combine.
- 6Meanwhile, spread roasted garlic over crust.
- 7Spread pesto over crust.
- 8Top with chicken or shrimp, onions, mushrooms, tomato and cheeses.
- 9Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust is brown and cheese is melted and bubbly and slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Chicken or Shrimp Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.3
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.9 mg
- Sodium 284.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
thin pizza crust