Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Rachael Ray Magazine.....
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup pesto sauce
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 8 scallions, trimmed
- Preheat a grill to medium.
- Cut four 12-inch-long sheets of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil into the center of each sheet.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lay 1 piece of chicken in the center of each sheet and spread 1 tablespoon pesto on top.
- Mound one-quarter of the zucchini, tomatoes and scallions over each chicken breast. Dollop 3 tablespoons pesto over each mound. Fold the foil over the chicken and vegetables; pinch the edges to seal.
- Cover and grill the packets over indirect heat for 25 minutes. Remove from the grill and open carefully.
This was delicious and so easy to put together on a busy weeknight. Our grill gets very hot so next time I'll reduce the cooking time to 20 minutes. We loved it and will definitely make it again!
Very nice. . .Great way to cook chicken, keeping it super moist! I pounded my chicken breasts for even cooking, then marinated them for about 3 hours in an Italian dressing. I used a mixture of zucchini and yellow squash; I subbed shallots for the scallions. Will definitely make again. Depending on how salty your pesto is, you may want to top it off (after cooking) with a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of parmesean cheese. Thanks for posting!