Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
"Extremely rich combination of chicken, spinach and creamy pesto sauce. Serve with crunchy bread and romaine salad - the best!" Found on allrecipies.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 alfredo sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon romano cheese, grated
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute; then add chicken and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. When chicken is close to being cooked through (no longer pink inside), add spinach and saute all together for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Alfredo sauce according to package directions. When finished, stir in 2 tablespoons pesto; set aside.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Add chicken/spinach mixture to pasta, then stir in pesto/Alfredo sauce. Mix well, top with cheese and serve.
We absolutely loved this, and so easy to prepare for such a lovely rich dish! I can't find commercial alfredo sauce mix here, so I made my own, and since it was just DH and I, I subbed shrimps for the chicken, cooking them and then taking them out of the pan while I prepared the spinach/sauce/pesto, adding them once I'd tossed everything together. This was a marvellous supper and we felt very spoilt, it smelled incredible too! Thanks for a really good recipe that I will make again, , Elizabeth Theresa! Made for PAC Spring 2009