Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found in a mini cookbook. Sounds really delicious.
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic, coarsely chopped, divided
- 8 slices diagonally sliced sourdough bread, 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated, divided
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 4 slices
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon garlic.
- Add 4 slices bread; cook over medium-high heat, turning once 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted.
- Remove from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon garlic; repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup asiago cheese on bread.
- In same skillet, combine pesto, and pepper. Add chicken, coating with pesto.
- Cook over meiudm high heat, turning once 8-10 minutes or until chicken is brown. Place 3 slices mozzerella cheese on each bread slice; top with tomatoe slice.
- Slice chicken pieces in half horizontally; place on tomato. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.