Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is easy to make and so good. Can be made with zucchini or crocked necked summer squash. Good served with pasta. The recipes comes from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 4 meduim boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons homemade/purchased pesto sauce
- 2 cups finely chopped zucchini or 2 cups summer squash
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded asiago cheese or 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large nonstick skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Turn chicken; add zucchini and/or squash; cook for 4 to 6 minutes more or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- (170degrees) and the squash is crisp tender, stirring squash gently once or twice.
- Transfer Chicken and squash to 4 dinner plates; spread pesto over chicken; sprinkle with Asiago or Parmesan cheese.
I bought all of the ingredients blindly and then realized that I wouldn't want to make that much of this dish. I made a mini version with just one breast to try it out and it was just o.k. I used parm cheese and purchased pesto sauce. If you like American Italian food then you may like this but I just found it rather one-dimensional
Good recipe,Barb. Made my own pesto with the abundance of basil in my yard and that made it even better. Loved the squash with this - used zucchini, my favorite. Very easy to do and very tasty. Thanks for sharing.