Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe by Sharon Sanders, "Relish Good Food Fast," September 2006
Make and share this Pesto Chicken and Arugula Panini recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat panini press or stovetop griddle pan.
- Slice buns in half. Pick out some of the bread from the top and bottom halves to create a slight depression.
- Brush outsides of buns lightly with oil.
- Spread cut sides of buns with pesto.
- Top one side of each bun with chicken, cheese and arugula. Close buns.
- Place on panini press or griddle. Cover with grill top or grill press.
- Grill 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and cheese starts to melt.
Wow! Perfect sandwich!! Used some BBQ chicken and some nice crusty french bread. Used George Foreman's grill. Thanks rick! :)
This recipe was perfect! As sandwiches go they don't get any better than this. The flavors blended together beautifully. I used leftover grilled chicken (warmed to room temp before making the sandwich) and store-bought pesto. The store did not have French rolls, so I used a baguette and sliced it into 6 inch pieces for each sandwich. I used a non-stick skillet and weighed down the top of the panini by placing another skillet and two large cans on top. I think the only thing that could make this recipe better is to use homemade pesto, which I will definitely do next time. Thank you so much for posting this. This will become a regular in our house.